Hey friends, in this article I am going to what is VPN? And how it can help you to protect your private information.
So just continue with this article and you will learn all the things from scratch.
A VPN stands for the virtual private network that is a connection that helps to add privacy and security to the public and private network.
Most of the small and medium-size corporations use VPN to protect the sensitive data while it is transferring.
But nowadays the use of personal VPN becoming more popular because of data privacy and securities.
With the VPN you can hide your identity on the internet while surfing the internet.
Here VPN adds more server between you and website that you are visiting so your ISP can not track your browsing history and other things.
Many of you might don’t know ISP so I want to clarify that ISP means Internet Service Provider. (In India it’s Jio, Airtel, etc…)
With VPN you are able to hide your identity that doesn’t mean that you are not trackable.
If you do any fraud online than the government can track you by forcing the VPN provider company.
With VPN you can get the IP address from different-different cities and countries, it depends on the VPN service provider that how many options you are getting.
So if any particular website is blocked in an area then you can access this website with the help of the VPN.
It is possible because when you are connected with the VPN your ISP is not able to track which website you are visiting so they can not block that website for you.
Now let’s take look at some advantages and disadvantages of the VPN.
How a VPN (Virtual Private Network) Works?
So now let’s discuss how the VPN (Virtual Private Network) works and how your ISP can not track you while you are using the VPN.
Basically, the VPN works by routing the internet connection of the device which you are using to the private server instead of your ISP.
Now when you transfer any data or visit any website the data goes to the host from that server instead of from your device.
Here VPN acts like an intermediate between the server and you so that your ISP have not any data of your browsing history.
Now your data goes from that server and also that data is encrypted so that your security and privacy will be increased.
While the data is transfer the data has been encrypted so it is unreadable and if someone gets that data somehow still he is not able to read those data.
In short words, the VPN creates a tunnel from your device to the internet and hides your data with the help of the encryption.
Advantages and Disadvantages of the VPN
There many advantages and some disadvantages of the VPN here below we discussed it so make sure you read those.
There are many advantages of using the VPN while surfing the internet below I discuss some of them.
- The first thing is when you are using VPN and public wifi that time your data that are transferring is encrypted and secured.
- With VPN you have remote control of your data so you can access your company data from your home or from any other place.
- If you want to share data in groups for an extended period then VPN will be very useful for you.
- Another and main benefit of having a VPN is when you are connected with VPN and browsing your data is secure and you can browse any website anonymously.
- You can unblock any website which is blocked by your ISP in your area and you can surf it very easily.
- With the VPN you can change your IP address and get the different-different IP address from different-different locations.
So these are some advantages of the VPN app there also many but here I discussed mains of them.
Here are some disadvantages of the VPN but if you care during using it then not a problem at all.
- The first disadvantage of the VPN is a slower internet connection when you are connected with the VPN then sometimes it will down your internet speed.
- Another disadvantage is some of the websites blocks you if you are using VPN (Like Netflix you can not access this website if you are using the VPN).
- Many people think that with VPN they are not trackable and they do an illegal activity but that’s not a complete truth.
- You don’t know how strong is VPN encryption so many times this can be a problem if you are using a VPN of any unknown company.
- Here many free VPN providers can sell your browsing behavior to third party companies.
- While you are connected with the VPN that is possible that sometimes you feel connection breaks.
So these are some advantages and disadvantages of having a VPN and using it while you are surfing the internet.
Here one thing if you are using any reputed company VPN then there is not any major problem at all.
But if you are using a free VPN of unknow company then your data and browsing behaviors can be sell to third party companies.
Last if you like this article then don’t forget to share it with your friends and also please share it on your social media handle so all your friends can know what is VPN? How it’s work? And the advantages and disadvantages of the VPN.
Thanks for coming and reading this article😊.